The WA Training Awards give organisations and individuals the opportunity to put themselves in the spotlight and be recognised for their contribution and dedication to vocational education and training.
Benefits for individuals
- $5000 from your category sponsor to help kick start your career or further your training.
- You’ll have the opportunity to represent WA at the Australian Training Awards in Darwin this November.*
- As a winner or even a finalist, you’ll have the opportunity to network with other high achievers, potential employers and training industry decision makers at a State and National level.
- Employers will value your dedication and achievement.
- With recognition as the best in the State, you’ll become an ambassador for WA and potentially the national training sector with opportunities to promote your success and encourage others to get into training.
*Does not include Cultural Diversity or International Student categories, these are unique to WA.
“Winning the WA Trainer of the Year has created a plethora of professional contacts for me, both in the early childhood education and care industry and the VET sector.”
Danni Grundy – WA Trainer of the Year 2015
“It means so much to me. Being an Aboriginal person and a WA Police Cadet, it means that Aboriginal people are being heard through awards like this, heard within our organisations and in a broader way through our communities.”
Kahli King Elliott – WA Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Student of the Year 2015
Benefits for organisations
- A prize to the value of $5000 from your category sponsor.
- Recognition from your peers as the best in the State!
- You’ll have the opportunity to represent WA at the Australian Training Awards in Darwin this November.
- As a winner or finalist you’ll benefit from publicity and promotional opportunities for your organisation.
- Increased profile to potential students, apprentices, trainees, employees, clients and partner organisations.
“The benefits of winning this award are going to be increasing our exposure across the market, introducing us to people and to clients we might not have had the opportunity to come across before.”
Jessica Pitt, Scope Training – WA Small Training Provider of the Year 2015
“The benefits of winning this award are that we are able to market Durack in a lot more progressive way and encourage our community to come to the best training provider in the Mid West and Gascoyne region.”
Bill Swetman, Durack Institute of Technology – WA Large Training Provider of the Year 2015
Applications for this year’s WA Training Awards open on Monday 22 February 2016. Register your interest on our website to receive updates as soon as they become available.
Thank you to our sponsors
We’d like to say a big welcome and thank you to this year’s WA Training Awards sponsors, whose contributions are instrumental in making this prestigious program a success.